Why so chic?
Why travel experts chose this hotel
Natural beauty of Forest, Mountains & Sea
Traditional Sardinian cuisine & Cooking classes
Only when you book with Chic
Complimentary Bottle of Champagne or Wine
Room upgrade (subject to availability)
Early check-in/ late check-out (subject to availability)
Located in the beautiful province of Gallura, with the mountains as a backdrop and the sea on your doorstep, the resort occupies an enviable spot in the stunning Sardinian landscape. Known for its hospitality and traditions. With its three restaurants, three pools (one indoor) and exclusive activities, the resort really does offer a complete romantic retreat. Coupled with the first-class service and friendly nature of the hosts this resort evokes the true heart and soul of Sardinia. If you want to immerse yourself in Galluresi life, experience its culture, cuisine and craftsmanship then the Villa Del Golfo is the perfect place for you. If you want to take advantage of the beautiful landscapes and enjoy the sun from private decks and terraces, then this is also the place to do it. A truly breath-taking resort where you can do as much or as little as you like.
The beautiful setting of the restaurant provides panoramic views of Cannigione Bay. It offers traditional Italian and Sardinian cuisine, using local seasonal produce. It offers breakfast, lunch and dinner, serving delicious Mediterranean food using the freshest ingredients. Breakfast is a buffet affair with the finest local cold cuts, dairy produce, fruits and preserves and pastries. The warm dishes are prepared to order by the highly knowledgeable chefs.
By night there is soft music and cocktails to sit back and relax in this romantic spot. There is an extensive local wine list to accompany the authentic dishes of the region. Everything is given the utmost care and attention as serving the local cuisine is a matter of pride.
The Cutter Lounge and Restaurant
The restaurant is in the centre of Cannigione and is a ten-minute seafront stroll from the hotel. A wonderful place to dine on the exquisite sea terrace, taking in local gastronomic delights. Open for lunch and dinner it offers an innovative and varied a la carte menu as well as gourmet pizzas and homemade desserts. A complimentary shuttle service is run by the hotel.
La Colti Farmhouse
A truly authentic culinary experience is on offer here with ingredients sourced from the family-run farm. A beautiful setting in the Cannigione countryside, it offers a seasonal menu showcasing the best of local cuisine. Cheese and wine tastings and cooking classes are also offered on site. The hotel runs a shuttle service to La Colti.
Located in sister property Cascioni Eco Retreats on-site restaurant. The setting is cosy and the tables few and well spaced, leaving plenty of room for the peaceful atmosphere of our Eco Retreat. The menu combines simplicity and refinement in traditional Sardinian fashion. Many of the ingredients come from the estate’s own vegetable gardens. The olive oil we put on your table is produced right here on the estate. With its subtle flavour and delicate fragrance, it’s the perfect dressing for carasau flatbread and turns a simple green salad into an unforgettable experience.
Authentic and rustic in its appearance the local pink stone cascades down the hill forming beautiful arches, porticoes and terraces which add stunning architecture to the resort. Set in the hills the hotel offers 56 rooms which are well equipped, and all have a terrace or balcony to take in the wonderful views. The rooms have en-suite bathrooms with a bath or shower, satellite TV, a minibar, hairdryer, safe, tea and coffee making facilities and complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Yacht trips
- Take a trip on the resorts’ own private yacht, the Bon Aria. Explore the wonderful coastline and the islands beyond for a truly memorable experience. Day trips are available as well as an overnight stay with dining and stops at some of the small Islands such as Spagi, La Madellena and of course the world famous Budelli with its renowned pink beach, Spiaggia Rosa. Alternatively, go out for a romantic meal at sunset with the skipper and hostess and enjoy the true delights of the sea.
- Cooking courses at La Colti
- The chefs at La Colti run cooking lessons and courses which teach you how to prepare typical regional dishes. Some of these recipes have been handed down through the generations so you will be able to impress your family and friends with your culinary knowledge and secrets on your return. Sardinian gastronomic tradition is rich and interesting with influences from North and south. A highlight is baking bread following ancient traditions in their many shapes and sizes throughout Sardinia.
- Fitness & Beauty centre
- With an infinity sea water pool, which is heated in low season, an indoor pool and a fitness and beauty centre on site there is plenty to do to keep you fit and well at the Hotel. The sea view setting of the fitness centre may just inspire you to do your finest workout to date. Indulge in the Turkish bath and hot tub or treat yourself to a relaxing massage in the privacy of your room. Lounge on one of the many terraces or on the decked area by the sea. The hotel offers complimentary shuttle buses to local beaches such as Barca Bruciata, with its stunning crystal-clear waters, so you can choose to be lazy at the resort or further afield.
- Explore the local area
- Stroll into Cannigione with its bars, restaurants and market stalls. Take in the wonderful views of the sea and Gulf and of the Island of Caprera and other islands beyond. Bikes are available at the hotel so you can explore the stunning landscapes of the magical Gallura province. The friendly and knowledgeable staff at the hotel are at your disposal to help create bespoke itineraries for all excursions and can advise you on local places of interest.
- Wine tasting
- Wine tasting is also available at the resort with the expert sommelier. Rare Sardinian wines, known by few are selected and tasted at the hotel’s boutique shop. Wine tasting trips combined with visiting local villages can also be arranged by the staff at the hotel. Trips are available to San Pantai and the Surrau winery, Luogosanto and the Siddura winery, and an archaeological tour and trip to the Capichera winery.
Free parking is available.
Places of Interest
Spiaggia di Laconia – 5 minute walk
Spiaggia di Cannigione - 7-minute walk
Tanca Manna Beach – 25 -minute walk
Spiaggia Mannena - 30-minute walk
Barca Bruciata Beach - 30-minute walk
Spiaggia del Golfo delle Saline – 6.3 kilometres