Why so chic?
Why travel experts chose this hotel
Rooftop Terrace and Restaurant
Bespoke artistic interiors
Salzach river views
Only when you book with Chic
Free access to the spa & complimentary massage
Early check-in (subject to availability)
Late check-out (subject to availability)
The hotel is situated on the banks of the Salzach in the heart of Salzburg and offers spectacular views of the region from its rooftop terrace. The oldest hotel in the Salzburg, with records of a tavern on site since medieval times, it is an integral part of the city. Extensively renovated in 2018, it has retained its grandeur whilst adding modern amenities and the refurbishment has brought a new element of elegance to its interiors. Taking inspiration from Venice, which has had close links with Salzburg for centuries, the blue Venetian glass and light have been used to inform the style at the hotel.
In walking distance of Salzburg’s cultural venues, the Stein hotel offers a wonderful place to retreat after a days’ sightseeing or concert-going. It captures the refined and elegant sense of the city, and the warm hospitality and flawless service ensure that your every need is attended to. With a wonderful rooftop restaurant, a well being spa and beautiful guest spaces in which to relax, the hotel offers a real escape in an unsurpassed location. An adult only lifestyle hotel in which you can revitalise, re-energise and enjoy the bespoke artistic surroundings.
This new rooftop restaurant and bar offers a host of delights, with panoramic views of the city and beyond. Located on the seventh floor of the hotel it gives you the perfect place to relax and indulge in the wonderful cuisine and to sip a cocktail or two.
The restaurant offers a fine selection of authentic Austrian cuisine at lunchtime and has a more international flavour by night. Breakfast menus are wholesome and nutritious but don’t worry pancakes and waffles are on offer too.
The bar has an extensive international wine list and offers local beverages too. It is the place for all Salzburger’s to meet and relax and take in the breath-taking views. In Summer it provides the perfect backdrop to a relaxing evening and by winter snuggle down in the comfy sofas, grab a blanket and enjoy the romantic snowy scenes Salzburg has to offer.
- The hotel offers a distinctive design with the blend of traditional and contemporary with the use of blue accents throughout. This creates a calm and coherent atmosphere where there is fluidity and connection in all. The Stein hotel offers 56 rooms, including suites, junior suites and a honeymoon suite. All are modern in design and feature lighting with handmade Venetian glass. All rooms are equipped with a Phillips flat-screen TV, offer complimentary WiFi and slippers, have a deep bathtub or rainfall shower and a welcome gift.
The hotel has a newly refurbished spa area which features a relaxation area, a sauna and a gym. These areas offer a real sense of well being. Activity guides are provided in all rooms, where local running hiking and Nordic walking spots are highlighted.
As it is located on the banks of the Salzach one of the most popular activities is to take a stroll down the winding paths and to take in the beauty and romance of the city.
Pets are welcome in our hotel. Daily fee for each pet is € 24,- per night. We can also provide a blanket and a water bowl for your pets.
Parking is available for €24.00 per night.
We have parking area for our guests with limited number of parking spaces. Therefore, parking space needs to be reserved in advance (or on spot, only if available). It is located in the Imbergstasse 29, approximately 400m away from our hotel. Please note that the parking space can be used only until 13:00 on the day of departure. Later departure can be discussed with reception staff. Parking fee is € 24 per day and to be paid at the hotel. To load and unload your luggage, there is a loading zone right in front of the hotel.
Places of Interest
- The location of Hotel Stein in the Old Town right on the Salzach is unique. From here, you have a sensational view of the city and the Hohensalzburg Fortress. You are also only a few minutes away from most attractions such as the Getreidegasse, the Salzburg Cathedral, Mozart's birthplace, the Festspielhaus (festival hall), and the Salzburg Congress.
- Salzburger Landestheater - 3 min walk
- Mozarteum University of Salzburg - 3 min walk
- Mozart's Birthplace - 4 min walk
- Getreidegasse - 5 min walk
- Salzburg Residenz Palace - 7 min walk