Why so chic?
Why travel experts chose this hotel
Central 9th arrondissement location
Design-forward boutique property
Warm and efficient service
Only when you book with Chic
Free access to the fitness room
Early check-in (subject to availability)
- With a strong focus on design, this property will wow guests with its striking décor. Not only that, the hotel sits in a prime 9th arrondissement location, less than a 5-minute stroll from the Opera House, and under a quarter of an hour amble from Place de la Madeleine, the Grands Boulevards, and the Louvre. But if you're not keen to travel on foot, there are four Metro stations within a 5-minute walk: Opéra, Quatre-Septembre, Richelieu - Drouot, and Chaussée d'Antin - La Fayett.
- Interiors were created by acclaimed designers Gilles and Boissier. The duo met at Christian Liaigre’s renowned agency, and Boissier subsequently worked for iconic architect Philippe Starck. Now, the pair have their own company, and have been part of luxury projects including The Mandarin Oriental in Paris, Marrakech, and Madrid, and Six Senses in New York. At The Chess Hotel they've used a distinct colour scheme: mustard, shades of blue, and red clay. Plus monochrome checkerboard tiling in the reception, mirrored upstairs in the en-suites.
- Ring the bell, enter through the corridor, and be enveloped by a sense of privacy. Despite being incredibly central, the building stands on a quiet street – a secret spot. Service is warm and efficient, with the team of staff offering each guest bespoke recommendations.
- From a sustainability standpoint, the hotel works with Les Hôtels Solidaires, an association fighting against waste by collecting items such as unused toiletries and redistributing them.
- On-site, you can grab drinks and snacks. The food menu was curated by restaurateur José Da Rosa and offers a selection of Italian, Spanish, and Portuguese delights. Enjoy in the lobby, your room, or on the terrace. The hotel also works with Les Bocaux du Bistrot to provide room service.
- Beyond the stylish property, head to Mamou: just a 3-minute walk away, the restaurant serves creative French cuisine. And if you fancy a beverage, stroll southwards 8 minutes to Place du Marché Saint-Honoré.
The oak-floored bedrooms are eye-catching, arty, and design-led. They’re also super comfortable, with air-conditioning, plump pillow-top mattresses, cotton satin sheets, and heated towel rails. Pieces by Gilles and Boissier, graphics by artist Cyprien Chabert, and images by photographer Pierre-Elie de Pibrac decorate the spaces, and some rooms feature four-poster beds. Choose the 6th-floor suite and enjoy views to Opera Garnier.
Head out on foot, by Metro, or on two wheels – the hotel partners with Holland Bikes if you’re a keen cyclist. A host of sights and attractions are close by, ranging from Place Vendôme, the Seine, Pont des Arts and Musée d'Orsay to the south, and historic Montmartre to the north.
If you'd like to get off the beaten track a little, explore some of the lesser-known neighbourhoods such as Canal St-Martin, pedestrian Rue Montorgueil, La Chapelle, and Gambetta. Or visit La Promenade Plantée, the Parisian equivalent of the High Line in New York. Located atop an abandoned viaduct at 10 metres above street level, enjoy 3 miles of elevated green space. The path starts at Bastille, and meanders round to the Bois de Vincennes.
Parking is available for €25.00 per night.
The hotel has an agreement with Chauchat-Drouot parking, which is a 5-minute walk from the hotel.
Free Wi-fi is available.
Places of Interest
- Galeries Lafayette: 6 minutes walk
- Musée du Parfum: 6 minutes walk
- Opéra Garnier: 7 minutes walk
- Palais Royal: 11 minutes walk
- Louvre Museum: 15 minutes walk
- La Cigale Concert Hall: 20 minutes walk
- Musee d'Orsay: 22 minutes walk
- Montmartre: 30 minutes walk
- Sacred Heart Basilica of Montmartre (Sacre-Coeur): 30 minutes walk
- Champs-Elysees: 31 minutes walk
- Sainte Chapelle: 32 minutes walk
- Notre Dame: 39 minutes walk
- Jardin du Luxembourg: 36 minutes walk
- Arc de Triomphe: 43 minutes walk
- Eiffel Tower: 52 minutes walk